A timely message about purchasing something with a rebate:
I sympathize with this comic. The last time I sent in a rebate, it was declined. It went like this:
– We couldn’t process your claim because it lacked the original receipt.
– No, I sent the original.
– You’ll have to send the original paperwork.
– How can I? I already sent the original.
– Do you have proof?
– Well, I photocopied everything before I put it in the envelope.
– Okay, send us that and we’ll process it.
– Do you realize how insane that is?
– It may sound crazy to you sir, but you’re not here and I assure you it makes perfect sense.